The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under Beyond Zero (BZ), tasked to implement the “Comprehensive HIV Prevention programs for Adolescents and Young People (AYP) in Fetakgomo Tubatse Sub District & MSM program in Mopani District in the Limpopo Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the positions outlined below, based in Fetakgomo Tubatse municipality and Mopani District in Limpopo Province.
Effective oversight of safe space operations and primary supervision of community teams. Provision of Professional Counselling Services to all programme beneficiaries.
- Provide Leadership and supportive supervision to community team to ensure that they fulfil their job prescripts
- Oversee Safe Space operations and rollout of daily activities
- Develop daily Schedule of Safe Space activities
- Screen and identify and provide guidance and counselling to vulnerable learners and out of School AYPs experiencing psychosocial challenges
- Attend and participate in various local stakeholders’ meetings
- Provide Orientation training to Community SAWs, PGTs and Activity Coordinators
- Consolidate Monthly and Quarterly Community Component Reports from teams
- An appropriate 4-year bachelor’s Degree in social work or equivalent qualification as recognized by SAQA
- Current registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP).
- Minimum of 5 years appropriate / recognizable experience in social work involving case management after registration as a Social Worker with SACSSP
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Adolescents and Youth programs
- Good writing skills that will enable the incumbent to compile reports
- Good communication, listening and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Knowledge and understanding of human behaviour, social systems and skills to intervene at a point where people interact with their environment in order to promote their well-being
- People Management and empowerment skills
- Information and knowledge management skills
- Knowledge of programme and project management skills
- Local travel is inherent to the position.
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position and district you are applying for, and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered. Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
CLOSING DATE: 29 March 2023