Enrolled Nursing Assistant
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the Northwest (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Kenneth Kaunda District Office in the North West Province.
The purpose of this position is to support the TB programme by linking and navigating patients through referral processes and ensuring linkage to care. Supporting linkages between facility and community based HTS services, working closely with the Outreach Teams. Managing and supervising the TB Support Officers (TSO’s) in TB contact tracing, household screenings, health awareness campaigns and establishing sustainable linkage platforms within Department of Health (DOH).
- Daily linkage with DOH health facilities to identify patients that need to be followed up or contacts to be screened for TB/HIV.
- Coordinate the collection and transportation of specimens during community screening.
- Linkage with Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to arrange outreach activities in the community.
- Collaborate with community-based organizations and DOH clinics to facilitate patient linkage into care.
- Track linkage targets, prepare and submit monthly reports.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into the project database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, evaluations, and HR related documentation.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
- To implement quality improvement processes throughout the conduct of the project.
- Ensure regular and clear communication with the team.
- Adherence to reporting and communication lines regarding various problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to the relevant procedures with regards to participant confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by their supervisor.
- Good record keeping and reporting skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Experience working independently and, in a team
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and Team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and district/sub-district management team
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy, and empathetic personality
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Mentorship and capacity-building skills
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 25 September 2023