GIS Mapping Officer
The GIS Mapping Officer will be responsible for the mapping of all intervention activities in the grant. He/she will be expected to develop systems for generating program data for reporting, generate pre- and post-impact activity data and maps, liaise with surveillance bodies to verify effect grant activities, maintain data collection systems, and provide M&E manager with solutions to address data collection challenges. The Inherently, this position is responsible for the planning, designing, and implementation of information management systems to support the overall program goals and objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize logistics of software and hardware for data management
- Develop training/orientation materials, operational manual, and tools on the selected applications.
- Identify the users and their training needs and develop a training plan for data management.
- Manage the information dashboard including internal and external dissemination of dashboard result
- Analyse data on a monthly/quarterly basis and prepare comprehensive reports to share with project staff
- Generate impact maps and provide feedback to both the Department of Health (DOH) and IHPS.
- Work closely with the District DOH and IHPS program team to monitor progress on implementation and trends
- Provide regular updates to the team and prepare reports to the PR
- Work closely with the NICD and other key partners to interpret data that is collected.
- Conduct any other duties as assigned by IHPS management
Required Knowledge and Skills, and Abilities:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Paying attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- A solid team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven planning, organizing skills and adaptability
Minimum Qualification, Education and Experience:
- Information management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), information technology (IT) or related diploma or certificate
- Demonstrated work experience in M&E, information or data management is required
- Advanced qualifications in M&E, information management and technology would be advantageous
- Valid Code 08 driver’s licence