The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the In-school Coordinator, The In-School Supervisor will be responsible for the successful implementation of the AYP programme in schools. This position includes the management and coordination of In-School activities. Monitor LSAs; offer Core package and Psychosocial support, refer and report Human Rights Violations (HRV).
- Support In-School Coordinator in coordinating school activities.
- Coordinate referrals and linkages and follow-ups.
- Support LSAs in cascading Peer education.
- Support and mentor LSAs and supervise their work.
- Facilitate team meetings to plan weekly and monthly roosters at schools and Safe Spaces.
- Managing the rooster, tracking changes, and communicating with the
- different staff members.
- Support In-School Social Workers in assessing the needs of clients and assists in implementing effective support strategies.
- Deal wzith individual psychosocial support and complex referrals to layers and linkages
- Develop a service plan for beneficiaries.
- Support the Social Workers with the Home visits if it is a complex referral.
- Track and report LSA’s progress on the implementation of peer education sessions.
- Support the data validation by working with M&E Officer and Data Capturers.
- Support the verification and quality checks of all data submitted and consolidation of daily, weekly, and monthly data reports from schools and submit them to the In-school Coordinator for review and submission.
- Monitor and manage performance and target setting of LSAs as well as reporting.
- Have oversight of paper-based systems, do troubleshooting, draw routine reports and work closely with M&E Officer to analyse data for regular reporting for a relevant Cluster of schools.
- Ensure data collection and record-keeping on services, track referrals and registers.
- Do monitoring and data quality management.
- Completion of all required reports for linkages and referrals.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skill.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- Matric certificate
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in education or relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to relate well to youth between 10 and 24 years of age;
- Ability to communicate in English and local languages
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023