Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under the AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and youths, in and out of school” with a specific focus on Adolescent and Young People (AYP) in the Mbombela Subdistrict (Mpumalanga Province) from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Subdistrict:
The Under the supervision of the M&E Officer, the M&E Coordinator will support the M&E Officer in the overall implementation of AYP program M&E activities within Mbombela Sub- District. The M&E Coordinator will provide day-to-day leadership to hired data managements teams, facilitate daily data management activities working closely with the AYP program teams. The incumbent will work closely the M&E Officer and AYP program coordinators to ensure that appropriate and quality services delivered are captured, validated and reported in line with Global Fund (GF) reporting requirements. S/he will complement the efforts to ensure that M&E systems and data management processes are adequately implemented for accurate, quality and timely reporting for AYP service delivery.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support the development, planning, implementation and coordination of M&E activities at sub/district level to track program performance against set objectives;
- With guidance from the M&E Officer, oversee data collection, data validation and data reporting by all teams implementing AYP program in Mbombela Sub District;
- Work with program implementation teams to ensure implementation of the biometric data collection system including training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision;
- Support the Data Quality Officers to ensure 100% data verification and validation;
- Working with the data collection team, ensure all program related data is collected, validated, reported and utilised accurately and timeously to inform and guide evidence-based program planning and implementation;
- Support M&E capacity building efforts of the AYP & MSM program teams as identified and delegated by the M&E Officer/Program Manager;
- Support routine program review meetings, on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities;
- Participate in GF related program evaluations as delegated by the M&E Officer/Program Manager working in collaboration with the IHPS strategic information (SI) unit at IHPS head office;
- Prepare weekly plans and reports and share with the M&E Officer and Program Manager Working closely with the M&E Officer and regional Line Managers, document lessons learnt and develop case studies using qualitative data collection and analysis techniques;
- Provide support to SSRs M&E Officers interms of AYP Data Management;
- Ongoing supervisory support to Data Capturers;
- Track and monitor AYP indicator performance on the Zenysis System and MyHope;
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submit to M&E officer for validation and review;
- Conduct internal monthly data verification with Data Quality Officers and M&E Officer;
- Represent IHPS in relevant M&E platforms as and when delegated to do so;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the M&E Officer or Program Manager and the IHPS senior management team.
- Able to train users on M&E systems;
- Experience with reporting on GF program indicators;
- Capacity to work independently and to work well with a diverse team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good writing skills. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in program M&E i.e. development, work planning and implementation of robust M&E systems, procedures and policies;
- Experience in managing and building M&E capacity (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision) of field-based data management teams;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills and highly meticulous with attention to detail;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and other data analytics software (quantitative & qualitative)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in M&E, Information Management, Social Sciences or Statistics with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on M&E;
- Demonstrated experience in data management and reporting systems including tools development, data capturing, analysis and report writing;
- Experience of working in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other donor funded projects would be an added advantage;
- Basic understanding of government M&E systems including DOH, DSD and DOE;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office inclusive of PowerPoint, Excel and database software.
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered. Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 13 March 2023