Pharmacist Assistant x1
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Pharmacist Assistant will support Health Products Management related activities for the AYP program.
- Perform administration functions in relation to health products and equipment procurement.
- Manage health products storage and stock management in line with Good Pharmacy Practice(GPP), including receiving, labelling, storing, repacking of products, issuing/distributing and recording of health products and equipment for SR’s offices and contracted implementers according to the SOP.
- Ensure full accountability of Health Product Management commodities procured under the program
- Communicate with biomedical teams to ensure timely distribution of health and pharmaceutical products.
- Support with compiling, keeping and maintaining inventory of health products and equipment and assist the clinical manager in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable data relating to stock usage.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Monitor consumption data, requisitions and stock cards of health and pharmaceutical products including HIV & Syphilis Rapid Diagnostic Test kits and Pre- Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Assess dispensing rooms for compliance to GPP.
- Co-facilitate PSM training for biomedical team and assisting them to become GPP compliant and NIMART authorized/PrEP ready.
- Network and liaise with key role players and stakeholders including the Department of Health at local levels.
- Submit reports and data to the Clinical Manager, Health Products Manger (AFSA) as well as Dept. of Health Pharmacist(s) as required.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities (as assigned by your manager) and necessary for the effective operation of the program, including administrative and logistical tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of other official languages would be an added advantage
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive would of advantage
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- Qualified as Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant
- Registered as a post basic pharmacist assistant with the South African Pharmacy Council (Proof of registration is required)
- A minimum of 5 years appropriate /recognizable experience in pharmacy profession, after registration with South African Pharmacy Council. Preferably two years related NGO/NPO experience.
- Valid driver’s license (code B, issued 2 years ago or earlier) & willingness to drive
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 27 December 2023