Quality Improvement Advisor
The Quality Improvement Advisor will be devoted to helping identify, plan, and execute improvement projects for the national TB program and support the delivery of successful results, and facilitate the spread and application of evidence-based interventions across the TB care cascade in the districts.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide QI capacity building by:
- Supporting the development or adaptations of quality improvement (QI) learning materials
- Providing training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision of QI officers, district TB program coordinators, facility TB focal persons and data capturers as applicable
- Develop and implement a QI roadmap for national TB program at the district level including designing TB district and subdistrict QI strategies
- Oversee high-level coordination and manage relationships with stakeholders involved in district TB QI projects
- Support learning and collaborative activities that include:
- Facilitating QI mentoring of QI Officers and their subdistrict clusters.
- Provide joint QI on-site or virtual technical support to and with the QI Officers
- Support TB care cascade baseline assessment to determine gaps at facility level i.e., primary health care (PHC) and hospital level
- Support development of QI process measures and analytics of such data for learning
- Conduct spot-checks on QI Officers to monitor QI capability building of subdistrict clusters
- Provide collaborative QI monthly and quarterly reports to support required program reporting
- Support the documentation of best interventions for spread and scale up across the district.
- Support districts, subdistricts, and facilities with the necessary tools to track QI activities including i.e. QI how- to-guide, data guide, QI tools, etc.
- Actively participate in meetings as applicable
- Attend monthly district and subdistrict learning meetings to share learnings.
- Support districts with preparations of TB program performance review meetings
- Attend relevant internal and external technical meetings as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- An appropriate 3-year national diploma/degree in Health Sciences or Social Sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience in training or facilitation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health programme management
- Clinical experience in the management of TB and HIV co-infected patients
- Proven experience in QI implementation
- Postgraduate qualifications in QI would be an added advantage
- Administrative and management skills
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Valid driver’s licence