Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) Facilitator
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the Safe Space Coordinator, the Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) Facilitator will be responsible for conducting and facilitating sessions through a comprehensive prevention interventions to ABYM aged 10-24 in Mbombela Sub-District.
- Facilitate Community entry through engaging influential stakeholders such as Councillors, Tribal authorities, War Rooms, Local AIDS Council leaders, other NGOs, Faith Based organizations, Schools, Churches, CBOs to ensure buy-in by all relevant stakeholders;
- Identify and recruit of ABYM to be enrolled into the programme;
- Market the ABYM programme to boys and community stakeholders;
- Facilitate and run ABYM sessions In-person or Virtually;
- Facilitate Graduation and Community Celebration for the ABYM who completed 4 sessions comprising of 12 topics;
- Engagement with key stakeholders to facilitate demand creation for the recruitment of ABYM;
- Assist data team during monitoring and verification visits;
- Facilitate the Capturing of Risk Assessment forms on MyHope
- Develop weekly and monthly plans and compile activity monthly reports;
- Distribute dignity packs to ABYM in need
- Attend to program meetings as required;
- Participate in any research related activities as per need;
- Assist in other related responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- A minimum of Grade 12 preferably post Matric training;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to conduct and facilitate sessions for ABYM;
- Ability to relate well to youth between 10 and 24 years of age;
- Community mobilisation experience
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023