Provide efficient and reliable administration and general office support to the IHPS Kenneth Kaunda District operations in North West Province.
The incumbent will provide efficient and reliable office administration and general office support to IHPS Kenneth Kaunda operations. Essential duties include but not limited to:
- Execute reception duties in a professional manner
- Receive and dispatch telephone calls and messages to staff as appropriate
- Respond to telephone queries where necessary
- Work closely with Office Administrator (OA) to coordinate couriering and distribution of documents/ goods destined for reginal IHPS offices and other external parties.
- Receive all IHPS Kenneth Kaunda visitors in a professional manner
- Warmly welcome visitors in a professional
- Offer refreshments as appropriate
- Announce and direct visitors to the relevant IHPS Kenneth Kaunda staff, as per appointment schedule
- Maintain a professional and personable demeanour and always remain non-judgemental.
Office Administrative Support:
- Work closely with the IHPS Kenneth Kaunda office staff to maintain and update calendars and schedules for office meetings and appointments
- Ensure board/meeting rooms equipment is always in working condition.
- Work closely with office administrator to
- Address office supply needs and maintain good office vendor relationships
- Coordinate catering for office meeting
- Support all IHPS Kenneth Kaunda staff with photocopying, scanning, faxing, filling etc. as necessary
- Perform special projects and assume certain responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Ensure that office spaces, the outside yard and car parking area are always kept clean
- Keep the office ablution facilities clean and hygienic
- Keep the kitchen clean and ensure dishes are washed and parked properly
- Manage current garden services with appointed service providers
Office Repairs and Maintenance
- Report all broken and dysfunctional office facilities/amenities to Supervisor
- Maintain a schedule for repairs and maintenance of air conditioners
- Ensure all lights and electrical equipment are always in good working condition
- Clean office windows regularly as necessary
- Make sure all IHPS Kenneth Kaunda facilities/amenities are up to standard, creating a pleasant physical working environment.
- Grade 12
- A Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or related field would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years Office Administration experience
- Proven experience of working in the non-profit donor funded environment would be an added advantage
- A valid Driver’s License
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
Required Knowledge and Skills, and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and coordination skills and highly meticulous with attention to detail