The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the North West (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Head Office.
The incumbent shall be responsible for Project administration functions as guided by the FM, including being responsible for various administrative duties surrounding a project to help the team stay on track.
- Assemble a payment pack and check that it contains all of the required documents before creating a payment voucher.
- The creation of payment vouchers for payments that are ready to be processed.
- Adding payments to the online business banking platform
- Retrieve payments audit trail and proof of payment from BoL for filing.
- The management and subsequent tracking of all necessary and supporting documentation.
- Administration of the miscellaneous funds necessary for the operation of programmes
- Providing assistance in the monthly payroll process
- Providing assistance and support during audit queries.
- Ensure that employees who are eligible receive their allotted monthly airtime.
- Managing requests for conferencing, accommodation, and catering services, as well as coordinating and booking those services
- Sourcing quotations for purchase requests that have been accepted or for services that are going to be performed.
- Managing the travel needs of the workforce and coordinating related arrangements.
- Taking care of the workers’ travel reimbursement requests.
- Ensuring that the cost of the goods and services that are being purchased is kept within the allotted budget by optimizing the value for money process.
- Provide support to the team and ensure that employee details on the payroll payslips is up to date.
- National Diploma or relevant qualification in Project Management
- Minimum 3 – 5years Project Administration experience
- Computer literacy with ability to work on different Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Project management skills including adherence to project timelines and budgets
- Global Fund, or any donor related experience
- Good understanding of Sage payroll system
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and coordination skills and highly meticulous with attention to detail
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023