The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the North West (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Dr Kenneth Kaunda district in North West Province.
The incumbent shall provide efficient and reliable administration and general office support to the IHPS head office.
- Work closely with Office Administrator (OA) to coordinate couriering and distribution of documents/ goods destined for reginal IHPS offices and other external parties
- Receive and dispatch telephone calls and messages to staff as appropriate
- Order stationery and consumables when required
- Work closely with Head office staff to maintain and update calendars and schedules for office meetings and appointments
- Ensure board/meeting rooms equipment is always in working condition
- Assist with filling activities as and when requested by other staff members
- Coordinate catering for office meetings and training
- Ensure that office spaces, the outside yard and car parking area are always kept clean
- Keep the office ablution facilities clean and hygienic
- Keep the kitchen clean and ensure dishes are washed and parked properly
- Manage current garden services with appointed service providers
- Report all broken and dysfunctional office facilities/amenities to Supervisor
- Maintain a schedule for repairs and maintenance of air conditioners
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years Office Administration experience
- Proven experience of working in the non-profit donor funded environment would be an added advantage
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
- A valid Driver’s License
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and coordination skills and highly meticulous with attention to detail.
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 31 May 2023