The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the Northwest (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Johannesburg Health District Office in the Gauteng Province.
Preference will be given to candidate who resides in region A, B, C, D, E, F and G, within Johannesburg Health districts
The Data Capturer will carry out data capturing, and other data management related activities as assigned. This position will support the capturing, verification, and reporting of data at supported health facilities and community level, with a specific focus on TB data; and will ensure that all data is up to date and that any linkage referrals are identified and reported to facility staff responsible for tracking and tracing of patients. This position will contribute to the development and maintenance of the high standard of data collected and reported. The Data Capturer will be based at the facility and work closely with facility staff and IHPS M&E officer.
- Capture, record, and report on all data collected from TB screening in communities and facilities
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of data for reporting
- Collect and verify data monthly and quarterly to ensure data quality and conduct data clean-up as required.
- Provide system generated data and compile reports on successes and challenges to the facility, sub-district/district monthly and quarterly
- Carry out filing, administrative duties and any ad-hoc duties as required
- Actively participate in setting up and preparing for daily activities.
- Conduct social mobilization for demand creation Capture data daily, weekly, or monthly on relevant monitoring and reporting systems applicable to the programme, including DHIS, Tier.Net and any other health information system that may be introduced the health facilities or community-level
- General administrative work including filing and printing standard reports as and when requested by managers
- Provide technical and information advice and guidance to users to maximize the use of available computer equipment and information
- Ensure timely report submission and accurate capturing of data
- Manage programme data and information in line with POPI ACT
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- NQF level 6 or equivalent qualification in data management or statistics, health, public health, social sciences, information technology, or related field will be an advantage
- At least two years’ experience in data capturing and reporting
- Matric Mathematics will be an added advantage
- Experience in recording and reporting of TB and HIV data
- Knowledge of capturing data in any health M&E systems (TIER.net. and/or DHIS) will be advantageous
- Good understanding and experience in using one of the following; NDOH information management systems (District Health Information System (DHIS), Tier.Net and Electronic Drug Resistance Register (EDRWEB), and/ Patient Record and Health Management Information System (PREHIMS) or Primary Health Care Information System (PHCIS) will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages.
- Computer skills (MS Office package) and excellent keyboarding (both speed and accuracy) is essential.
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 13 January 2023