The Data Capturer will carry out data capturing, and other data management related activities as assigned. This position will support the capturing, verification, and reporting of data at supported health facilities and community level, with a specific focus on TB data; and will ensure that all data is up to date and that any linkage referrals are identified and reported to facility staff responsible for tracking and tracing of patients. This position will contribute to the development and maintenance of the high standard of data collected and reported. The Data capturer will be based at the facility and work closely with facility staff and IHPS M&E officer.
- Capture, record, and report on all data collected from TB screening in communities and facilities
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of data for reporting
- Collect and verify data monthly and quarterly to ensure data quality and conduct data clean-up as required.
- Provide system generated data and compile reports on successes and challenges to the facility, sub-district/district monthly and quarterly
- Carry out filing, administrative duties and any ad-hoc duties as required
- Actively participate in setting up and preparing for daily activities.
- Conduct social mobilization for demand creation Capture data daily, weekly, or monthly on relevant monitoring and reporting systems applicable to the programme, including DHIS, Tier.Net and any other health information system that may be introduced the health facilities or community-level
- General administrative work including filing and printing standard reports as and when requested by managers
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- NQF level 6 or equivalent qualification in data management or statistics, health, public health, social sciences, information technology, or related field will be an advantage
- At least two years’ experience in data capturing and reporting
- Matric Mathematics will be an added advantage
- Experience in recording and reporting of TB and HIV data
- Knowledge of capturing data in any health M&E systems (TIER.net. and/or DHIS) will be advantageous
- Good understanding and experience in using one of the following; NDOH information management systems (District Health Information System (DHIS), Tier.Net and Electronic Drug Resistance Register (EDRWEB), and/ Patient Record and Health Management Information System (PREHIMS) or Primary Health Care Information System (PHCIS) will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages.
- Computer skills (MS Office package) and excellent keyboarding (both speed and accuracy) is essential.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org.
Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 03 November 2022