Data Filing Clerk
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the M&E Officer, the Data Filing Clerk will responsible for receiving of all data files, validation, verification which includes Organizing of all records for storage & archiving, retrieval of information on request, and returns records to the correct locations.
- Collecting files from various departments, assessing, organizing and coding of documentation.
- Creating and updating files in appropriate filing system and executing authorized changes to filing system.
- Scanning files regularly and to search for missing files.
- Retrieving records on request and forwarding these to relevant parties.
- Report to the Data Quality Officer (DQOs) regarding data quality challenges.
- Work closely with the field staff including the Data Capturers to resolve data queries.
- Systematic data collection on program activities and collation for reporting
- Coordinate and support on-site data verification visits
- Ensure timely submission of data as per standard operating procedures.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of project databases and maintain a functional physical document management system.
- File all data once captured and store in line with the data management processes.
- Provide ongoing capacity building to staff members on M&E and data management principles and processes inclusive of SSRs.
- Maintain records of program and project data, lessons learned, and best practices and share with all concerned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the M&E Officer.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- Matric with 1+ years work experience in M&E for health programs.
- Proficient with using computers, MS Office Word and Excel, with using photocopy and facsimile machines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023