The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the Professional Nurse, the Enrolled Nurse will provide comprehensive HTS, TB/STI, GBV screening to AYP aged 15-24 years within the City of Mbombela Sub District and link with the Clinical team for further management. S/he will support initiation of HIV infected AYP on ART and STI treatment support.
Key Performance Areas:
- Screen beneficiaries for health vulnerabilities and eligibility for programme participation.
- Enrol AYPs into HIV prevention programme.
- Assist the Professional Nurse to initiate AYP on PrEP
- Screens all clients for TB, STIs, social and economic vulnerabilities.
- Provide Pre and post counselling.
- Provides health education on HIV/ TB and STI prevention.
- Provide Family planning methods for AYP
- Promotes HCT, with TB and STI screening, and condom use.
- Mobilize with the team and collaborating organizations and distributes pamphlets and IEC material.
- Provide treatment adherence counselling.
- Coordinates visits to hotspots and gathering spaces and high-volume sites for youth.
- Support HTS Counsellors to completes the HTs registers
- Give risk-reduction counselling.
- Assists in collection TB screening specimen for symptomatic clients.
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly reports.
- Meet enrolment and retention targets for AYPs.
- Participate in all research activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- A qualification as an Enrolled Nurse with registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- Trained and certified on Basic HIV Counselling and Testing as competent to work independently
- At least 1 year’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility providing HTS services
- Experience with rapid HIV testing quality control and proficiency testing
- Familiar with latest HIV Counselling and Testing guidelines
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023