Enrolled Nursing Assistant
- Daily linkage with DOH health facilities to identify patients that need to be followed up or contacts to be screened for TB/HIV.
- Coordinate the collection and transportation of specimens during community screening.
- Linkage with Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to arrange outreach activities in the community.
- Collaborate with community-based organizations and DOH clinics to facilitate patient linkage into care.
- Track linkage targets, prepare and submit monthly reports.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into the project database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, evaluations, and HR related documentation.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
- To implement quality improvement processes throughout the conduct of the project.
- Ensure regular and clear communication with the team.
- Adherence to reporting and communication lines regarding various problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to the relevant procedures with regards to participant confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by their supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nurse or an equivalent qualification as Nursing Auxiliary
- 2 years of working experience within a similar environment or any clinical setting
- Current Registration with SANC as an auxiliary nurse
- Knowledge of basic TB, and HIV management
- Experience in health promotion and health education
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Package
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel and work after hours
- SA Citizen or valid work permit to work in South Africa
- Valid Driver’s Licence (PDP will be an advantage)
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as public speaking
- Proven project coordination, planning and organizing skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Good networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
- Ability to work in a team
- Innovative thinking and the ability to take initiative without needing to be prompted
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered. Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 03 November 2022