Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning Officer
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) Officer will support the implementation of MERL activities for the Global Fund (GF) TB/HIV program.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead the overall implementation of TB program M&E activities and provide the overall leadership and management of all district program performance reporting, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E).
- Work closely with the MERL team, program team leads and data management staff to ensure TB program data management processes and M&E systems are managed in line with Department of Health (DOH) information management guidelines, policies, and procedures as well as GF reporting requirements.
- Report on program performance indicators and monitoring frameworks.
- Collate monthly and quarterly progress reporting.
- Facilitate training and capacity development for data capturers.
- Participate in performance indicators monitoring and data quality audits (DQA).
- Provide inputs towards the monitoring of activities, outputs and outcomes and validity of information.
- Assist with the development and implementation of learning agenda to inform the National Department of Health (NDOH) and other stakeholders about the lessons learned and best practices.
- Support the development of work plan and data collection instruments and tracking of progress against the set program targets.
- Provide MERL technical assistance on data analytics, reporting and data utilization for decision making to the district, subdistrict, and facility levels through training, coaching and mentorship.
- Capacity building on existing national health information systems such as EDR.Web, TIER.Net, DHIS, HPRS, etc. to enhance data visibility via dashboards and allow cascade analysis for program improvements.
- Participate in district and subdistrict MERL meetings, workshops and discussions and provide ongoing technical support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in program M&E including the development and implementation of M&E plans, systems, procedures, and policies
- Experience in managing and building M&E capacity including training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision of field-based data management teams
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
Minimum Qualification, Education and Experience:
- NQF level 6 or equivalent qualification in M&E, information technology, public health, data management or statistics.
- At least three years’ experience in HIV and/ or TB programming, with a specific focus on M&E.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and reporting systems including tools development, data capturing, analysis and report writing.
- Experience of working in GF, PEPFAR or other donor funded projects is desirable.
- Good understanding and experience in using one of the following NDOH information management systems: DHIS, Tier.Net and Electronic Drug Resistance Register (EDR.Web) would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s licence is essential.