The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Professional Nurse will implement the comprehensive biomedical service program to support PrEP initiation for at risk AYP and facilitate ART initiation to HIV infected AYP, STI and TB treatment.
- Implement the AYP comprehensive biomedical services within the Sub-District to achieve results against set objectives;
- Work with the Outreach team to referrals and offer pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, PrEP initiation for at risk AYP and ART for eligible HIV infected AYP.
- Provide follow up care for AYP on treatment in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines as well as Facility 95-95-95 plans;
- Routinely monitor performance & registers of AYP (TB/HIV/STI) programmes at facility level and provide mentorship & technical support where required;
- Identify poor performing indicators, put together quality improvement (QI) plans and implement as agreed upon with the Facility team;
- Support facilities to implement I-ACT support groups for AYP;
- Assess and identify capacity needs of Peer Group Trainers(PGT), Linkage officers and HTS counsellors and Provide support as required;
- Provide oversight of work done by Linkage Officers, HTS counsellors and Enrolled Nurses to manage performance and target setting;
- Work with the Strategic Information team to ensure all program related data is collected accurately and timeously and ensure collected data is utilised to inform and redirect program implementation;
- Assist Data team during monitoring and verification visits;
- Attend program meetings and represent IHPS in different platforms as required;
- Participate in any research related activities as per need;
- Assist in other related responsibilities as assigned by the line manager;
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- A qualification as a Professional Nurse with registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council;
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently;
- At least 4 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility;
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, STI and TB and guidelines;
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023