Adolescent and young persons (AYP) aged 15 to 24 years age
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager: Limpopo Province, the Professional Nurse will render comprehensive health services including PrEP initiation in Fetakgomo – Tubatse Local Municipality.
Key Performance Areas:
The duties include but are not limited to:
A) Data management
- Support data collection and data management activities related to HIV prevention
- Work closely with data capture/data management teams
- Contribute on the QI activities to promote high quality data collation and data management
B) HIV Prevention
- Support in and out of school TB and HIV prevention activities, including screening, patient education, sputum collection, HIV testing, PrEP initiation.
- Provide follow-up for AYP who have been initiated on PrEP and keep accurate records.
- Provide mentorship and support for provision of appropriate clinical service to other team members
- Support linkage to care to other clinical and non-clinical service for AYP
- Support and Mentor Health facilities on PrEP
- Supervise outreach clinical team providing clinical service to AYP
- Provide capacity building for other staff members
- Conduct performance evaluation for staff
- Diploma/degree in nursing (NQF Level 5)
- Dispensing license preferable, or a willingness to study towards this
- NIMART certificate
- Experience with NIMART, AYFS, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), school health is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years’ community nursing experience
- Excellent knowledge of HIV, TB and STI, prevention approaches and DoH screening guidelines
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of legislative requirements, acceptable practices and procedures
- Computer literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Northern Sotho languages
- Valid code 08 driver’s license and willingness to travel
- No criminal record.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of other official local languages would be an added advantage.
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision.
- Have a good interpersonal -and people management skills.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and project management tools.
Daily travel to the Out-of-School AYP safe spaces and community outreach sites
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position and district you are applying for, and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
For more information on each of the positions listed above, visit the IHPS website www.ihps-sa.org
CLOSING DATE: 19 April 2023