MSM, Mopani District
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient under Beyond Zero, tasked to implement the “Comprehensive HIV Prevention programs for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) program in Mopani District, Limpopo Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, to be based in Tzaneen, Mopani District in Limpopo Province.
Responsible for the overall management and programmatic direction by coordinating and providing programmatic, technical, administrative, financial, and logistical support for the IHPS MSM program in Mopani District.
- Provide programmatic oversight and ensure timely implementation, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E) of all relevant MSM program activities in Mopani District.
- Ensure that the project timelines are respected and that output targets are achieved
- Provide daily technical, administrative, and fiscal support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of program priorities and targets.
- Serve as a principal liaison between the IHPS Head Office, the regional Department of Health (DOH) and the IHPS regional office regarding regional day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative issues.
- Facilitate trainings/seminars, meetings, and special projects for the IHPS regional office.
- Manage all regional human resources (HR), finance and administration (F&A) functions, coordinate with head office F&A and HR teams to ensure adequate support by the head office teams, for optimal day-to-day implementation and administration of the MSM program activities.
- Establish strategic and collaborative partnerships with non-government organisations (NGOs) and government departments in the region, in support of the implementation of MSM program activities.
- Actively represent IHPS through participation in all relevant regional forums and meetings on behalf of IHPS.
- In close collaboration with the M&E Officer/ Data Quality Officer, lead and manage all MSM program M&E and reporting activities, in accordance with IHPS and funder requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate the collection, collation, and analysis of program data; preparation of scheduled and special reports; and the maintenance of program records and statistical information as per IHPS and funder requirements.
- In collaboration with the head office technical team, write, edit, or adapt and coordinate the development of training manuals, guidelines, job aids, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the MSM program.
- Assist with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate to the program objectives and funding requirements of the program; and may participate in other fundraising activities as applicable.
- Perform specialized activities in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives, as guided by IHPS senior management and/ or funder.
- Maintain a current MSM program information system as per IHPS knowledge and information management policies and procedures, including up-to-date employee personnel files for all regional staff.
- Ensure optimal compliance and adherence to IHPS policies/ standard operating procedures (SOPs) and GF rules and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by IHPS senior management.
- Degree in Health or Social Sciences.
- A Master’s degree in the public health, social sciences or other relevant fields would be an added advantage.
- Project management experience with proven ability to ensure high-quality program outcomes and experience in supervising a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated work experience in donor-funded non-for-profit organizations (NGO), a minimum of 5 years.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the South African health and social development systems.
- Proven experience of working in a highly pressurized environment.
- Experience in implementing capacity building techniques/strategies
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision and be decisive in what needs to be done
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Project management skills including adherence to project timelines and budgets
- Computer literacy with ability to work on different Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 19 April 2023