Radiographer - Locum
The Radiographer (locum) will be responsible for providing a high standard of radiographic chest x-ray imaging, including the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for reading images whilst ensuring that patients receive high-quality care and linkage to appropriate services. The Radiographer (locum). He/ she will have to communicate effectively with facility-based outreach teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality service.
- Ensure clients sign the consent forms before X-ray exposure.
- Ensure that the Ionizing Radiation (for Medical Exposure) Regulations are adhered to.
- Record accurate patient information relating to dose and use of consumables.
- Keep accurate patient records including recording radiation dose and exposure factors.
- Provides support and reassurance to patients who may be unwell or have barriers to understanding.
- Acquire sound knowledge of the digital chest X-ray (DCXR) equipment used to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report them.
- Participate in the district/ subdistrict and facility level forums to develop operational plans for the deployment of the mobile DCXR.
- Maintain effective working relationships with outreach teams and facility staff.
- Liaise with the Radiologist for diagnostic and technical advice and support.
- Support referral and linkage to care for incidental CXR findings not requiring presumptive TB testing.
- Work with the team to ensure that all data is collected and verified to ensure data quality.
- Lead and manage the setting up and preparations for daily activities.
- Supervise the DCXR teams to ensure high quality day-to-day direct service delivery.
- National Diploma / bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Radiographer
- Private Practice Number will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel and work after hours.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mentorship and capacity building skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and district/ subdistrict management team.
- Good interpersonal skills
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 27 April 2023