The Radiographer will be responsible for providing a high standard of radiographic chest x-ray imaging, including the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for reading images whilst ensuring that patients receive high-quality care and linkage to appropriate services. The Radiographer will also liaise with relevant district/ subdistrict management teams and facilities for planning and allocation of the mobile and movable digital chest X-ray (DCXR) services and staff. He/ she will also have to communicate effectively with facility-based outreach teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality service.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure clients sign the consent forms before X-ray exposure
- Ensure that the Ionizing Radiation (for Medical Exposure) Regulations are adhered to.
- Record accurate patient information relating to dose and use of consumables
- Keep accurate patient records including recording radiation dose and exposure factors.
- Provides support and reassurance to patients who may be unwell or have barriers to understanding.
- Acquire sound knowledge of the digital chest X-ray (DCXR) equipment used to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Mentorship and capacity building skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and district/ subdistrict management team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy, and empathetic personality
Minimum Qualification, Education and Experience:
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Radiographer
- Private Practice Number will be an added advantage
- Willing to travel and work after hours
- A valid driver’s licence