Safe Space Cleaner/Admin Assistant
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the Safe Space Coordinator, the Safe Space Cleaner/Admin Assistant will provide efficient and reliable office administration and general office support to IHPS Mbombela office operations.
- Execute reception duties in a professional manner.
- Receive and dispatch telephone calls and messages to staff as appropriate
- Respond to telephone queries where necessary.
- Work closely with Safe Space Coordinator to coordinate and distribution of documents/ goods destined for regional IHPS offices and other external parties.
- Receive all IHPS Office visitors in a professional manner.
- Warmly welcome visitors at all times
- Offer refreshments as appropriate.
- Announce and direct visitors to the relevant IHPS Office staff, as per appointment schedule.
- Maintain a professional and personable demeanour ,and remain non-judgmental at all times.
- Work closely with the IHPS staff to maintain and update calendars and schedules for office meetings and appointments.
- Ensure board / meeting rooms equipment is always in working condition.
- Work closely with Safe Space Coordinator or Social Worker to
- address office supply needs and maintain good office vendor relationships.
- Coordinate catering for office meeting.
- Support all IHPS Office staff with photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc. as necessary.
- Perform special projects and assume certain responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensure that office spaces, the outside yard and car parking area are always kept clean.
- Keep the office ablution facilities clean and hygienic.
- Keep the kitchen clean and ensure dishes are washed and packed up properly.
- Manage current garden services with appointed service providers.
- Report all broken and dysfunctional office facilities/ amenities to Supervisor
- Maintain a schedule for repairs and maintenance of air-conditioners
- Ensure all lights and electrical equipment are always in good working condition
- Clean office windows regularly as necessary
- Make sure all IHPS office facilities/ amenities are up to standard, creating a pleasant physical working environment.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- Matric Certificate or equivalent.
- Computer Literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable, confident, matured.
- Appreciation and ability to work in a multicultural context.
- Team player
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as an Administration or Office Assistant.
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023