Safe Space Security
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under The Aids Foundation of South Africa (AFSA), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and Young People (AYP), in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM) in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province from April 2022 – March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Mbombela Sub District in Mpumalanga Province.
Under the supervision of the Safe Space Coordinator, the Safe Space Security will ensure the protection and safety of Safe Space premises and staff. Keep the Safe Space premises clean all time and respond immediately to distress calls.
- Regularly manage and control access to the Safe Space.
- Patrol, manage movements of staff and clients within the Safe Space.
- Be visible and keep the OB up to date, report accordingly
- Ensure the safety of staff and clients all times.
- Keep visitors’ register and ensure that it is signed all the time.
- Ensure the protection of Safe Space properties, report damaged and stolen items immediately.
- Keep the Safe Space premises clean all the time.
- Respond immediately to distress call
- Attend to program meetings as required;
- Participate in any other research related activities as per need;
- Assist in other related responsibilities as assigned by the line manager;
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation skills
- A minimum of Grade 12
- PSIRA Certificate
- SAPS clearance and not on Part B of the Child Protection Register
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to relate well to youth between 10 and 24 years of age;
- Community mobilisation experience
By expressing the interest in the positions, applicants are consenting in terms of POPI Act for their curriculum vitae (CV) to be shared with the relevant people authorized to act on behalf of IHPS in the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in South Africa Unless the advert states otherwise, please ensure you have this permission before you submit your application.
NB: The organization reserves the right to re-advertise the positions should the need arise and reserves the right not to fill the above listed positions.
Closing Date: 11 July 2023