The role TB Focal nurse is to coordinate TB activities at a facility level. He/she will coordinate, deliver services, improve case finding and facilitate linkage to care at PHCs, hospitals and at decentralised DR-TB sites. They will work closely with the medical officer and NMDR-TB NURSE to implement these activities.
- Improve quality standards for recording, reporting of TB data in the hospital.
- Register patients who are diagnosed with TB in the hospital.
- Coordinate the down referral of patients diagnosed in the hospital and follow up to confirm that they reached the clinic and close contacts are traced.
- Supervise and monitor capturing of TB data in the information system by the data capture.
- Collate the data in the TB identification register for the hospital for reporting.
- Coordinate TB activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with hospital management
- Compile quarterly reports for SR program manager and district TB/HAST Manager
- Coordinate the Finding cases Actively, separating safely and treating effectively (FAST) strategy and QI activities in the hospital.
- Work closely with information officers in the hospital.
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and Infection prevention and control activities
- Promote the provision of treatment for latent TB infection (LTBI) in eligible patients.
- Map their feeder clinics and create and maintain a data base
- Participate in district quarterly TB and data review meetings.
- Coordinate TB specific training based on the need
- Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, (B. Cur).
- Qualification in Community health nursing or Primary Health Care will be an advantage
- Knowledge of TB guidelines
- Minimum of three years’ practical experience in nursing, post registration
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in public health care sector
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical management of TB and HIV
- Sound knowledge on TB/HIV data tools and systems
- Sound leadership and people management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s licence
- Problem-solving and the ability to use initiative in interpreting data
- Time management skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Routine report writing and correspondence
- Sound conflict resolution skills
- Strong people skills
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 23 May 2023