TB Support Officer
The TSO position is responsible to increase TB case finding by providing screening and testing of high-risk groups. Responsible to trace and link to care people diagnose with TB, but not started on treatment and people who interrupted treatment. Improve treatment adherence by educating and counselling TB patients. Able to find persons with undiagnosed TB in communities. Improve treatment outcomes by ensuring adherence to treatment and retention in care.
- Conduct TB screening and specimen collection on close contacts of TB patients and other high-risk groups at community level.
- Refer those who test positive and sick household contacts to the nearest clinic.
- Conduct tracing of people (Including TB patients) who miss clinic appointments.
- Conduct door-to-door outreach,
- Support Mobile DCXR outreach to increase demand for TB screening services
- Conduct patient education and counselling for TB patients.
- Support adherence clubs to enhance adherence and retention in care for TB patients
- Report daily to the supervisor (ENA)
- Capturing daily activities on M&E tools
- and RTCs and identify health care workers (HCWs) incl. support staff to be trained or re-trained.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Certification as a Community Health Care Worker will be an advantage
- Experience in health promotion and health education
- Ability to operate a mobile device
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Conflict management and skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to work in a Team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good counselling skills
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered. Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Closing Date: 03 November 2022